To be eligible to apply for an affordable home you must satisfy the following criteria:
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You must be a First-Time Buyer or meet the exceptions under the Fresh Start Principle.
- You have not previously purchased or built a dwelling in the Republic of Ireland for your own occupation. Exceptions apply to Fresh Start principle applicants.
- Each person included in the application must have the right to reside indefinitely in the State.
- The affordable home must be your principle place of residence.
- Your purchasing power must not exceed 95% of the open market value of the property.
- You have a minimum deposit of 10% of the purchase price.
While it is not a requirement, it is recommended that applicants have their Mortgage Approval in Principle prior to applying for an affordable home, or at least be in a position to apply for a mortgage.