How do I apply?
The application process may vary depending on the local authority and details of how you apply will be available on their website. The application, in most cases, will be via an online platform. The local authority will advise of the process in their advertisement for a development along with opening and closing dates for applications.
As part of your application, you will need to provide the following:
- Name, date of birth and PPS Number.
- Confirmation that you are a First-Time buyer (or Fresh Start applicant).
- Proof of Income.
- Proof of right to reside in the State.
- Evidence of savings/deposit.
- A Mortgage Approval in Principle letter stating the maximum mortgage available to you may be required as part of the process.
- Confirmation of eligibility for Help to Buy, if applicable.
Note: When availing of the Help to Buy Scheme your mortgage must not exceed a 70% loan-to-value ratio. This is based on the open market value of your home before the local authority takes an equity share in your home.
The decision on your application will be made by the local authority in accordance with the regulations in place, and their Scheme of Priority. The Scheme of Priority for each development will be available to view on the local authority's website. Successful eligible applicants will be offered properties based on date and time of application, and suitability of the property to a household's needs. There may also be a local connection assessment.
Am I eligible?
How do I apply?
How much will I pay?
What is the Equity Share?